DATA WAIVER—BUPRENORPHINE WAIVER PROCESSING AND SUPPORT
For the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), DSG operated the DATA Waiver Processing and Support contract.
The work included
- Maintaining, updating, and improving the Buprenorphine Waiver Notification System and the Buprenorphine Web Board
- Providing support for questions relating to buprenorphine by telephone or email to physicians, pharmacists, and the general public
- Maintaining and updating an informational website on buprenorphine, including a physician locator (currently with Project Evolve)
- Monitoring and approving physician discussions on the Buprenorphine Web Board
- Providing ad hoc reporting support to SAMHSA
- Providing training for SAMHSA
- Sending announcements to all physicians over a listserv
- Coordinating and collaborating with the Government Performance Reporting Act contractor to report on outcomes (though the task was never initiated under previous contracts)
- Providing outreach activities to increase the number of physicians who choose to be listed on the locator (neither was this task initiated under previous contracts)
- Processing about 3,000 new Notice of Intent Waivers to Prescribe Buprenorphine and treat up to 30 patients, along with about 1,500 second Notices of Intent Waiver to Prescribe Buprenorphine and treat up to 100 patients.
CONTACT US ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Contact Tom Vischi, Director of Behavioral Health at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.951.0056.